Digital Account Executive, USA
Location of work: From home. This role will require occasional travel within the USA and overseas.
Hours of work:
- Full time, 40 hours per week or
- we also welcome applications from people seeking part time, compressed or term-time working
Holiday entitlement: 25 days a year in addition to public holidays.
Contract term: Permanent. Following successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
Salary and benefits:
- $28,000 – $33,000
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Call and data contract
Purpose: Help us deliver on our mission to build confidence in a digital world. You’ll support us by designing and delivering social media training and consulting projects for a wide variety of clients, from global brands to public sector institutions and charities.
It’s an exciting time to join Social Simulator and our parent company Helpful Digital.
We’re expanding our team and have ambitious plans to scale our digital capability work. We’re proud to help some of the world’s biggest brands, charities and governments confidently communicate with online audiences.
We do this through some amazing platforms, such as Social Simulator. The quality of our work means we enjoy a high volume of repeat business and a great deal of trust with our clients.
Our team of trainers, consultants, developers and managers all have one thing one in common: they’re passionate about helping businesses to communicate better online through confident, skilled in-house teams.
All our projects offer huge variety and scope for creativity. Everything we do is grounded in good practice and using digital to build trust and accountability.
We have a relatively flat management structure but offer lots of scope for progression.
Perhaps you’re looking for your first or second role since leaving education. Or maybe you’re returning to work and looking for a part time position.
We don’t have any fixed ideas about where you should be in your career and a university degree is not essential.
However, you must have experience working in communications or media.
- Be an active, regular user of at least 2 social media channels, for personal or professional purposes.
- Have an interest in how to use digital channels to communicate with audiences in other parts of the world. Think: blogs, social, video, to reach people with limited access to the internet, or those who don’t speak English as their first language
- Have experience in:
- crisis management or
- corporate communications or
- in media or journalism
- Have a creative mindset to help develop presentations, design training and crisis scenarios
- Be prepared to speak confidently as part of presentations, training or when helping to deliver pitches for new work
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Have practical examples of managing competing priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach. You’re able to manage your own time and prioritise effectively
- Be keen to learn from the rest of your team and ready to share your experience
You’ll be working with at least 2 other members of the team to help us:
- research and write social media crisis scenarios
- design and deliver workshops to build skills with digital channels
- coach clients to write better blogs or improve their digital channels
- assist with marketing and business development
- present scenarios, workshops and recommendations to client audiences ranging from customer care teams to C-suite executives
How to apply
If this job excites you and feels like your next challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – Monday 31 January 12noon ET
To apply, please send us the following:
- A resume detailing your relevant experience
- A one-page cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements for this specific role
Please send your application to [email protected]. (Helpful Digital is the parent company of Social Simulator)
The recruitment process begins with an initial sift of applications, followed by two rounds of interviews. In the second interview we will ask you to prepare and deliver a short presentation.
We work in many parts of the world and know that having a range of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds allows us to deliver better solutions for our clients. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
For the successful applicant, we will take requests for flexible working arrangements into consideration where the scope of the role allows. Those who are looking for flexible working arrangements, whether that be location or part-time hours, are encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies, please.