Platform Manager, Australia
A$55-70,000 per annum plus benefits.
We deliver digital communications training and consultancy to some of the biggest brands around the world. You will be supporting consultants as they prepare and deliver projects; managing the deployment, configuration and archiving of our web platforms; and triaging technical support requests from clients.
We’re looking for someone who above all has an aptitude for IT, a helpful attitude, and excellent communication skills
We anticipate 2 types of candidate for this role:
- A web confident generalist with great organisation, who enjoys learning/exploring new technologies. You may have an interest in learning about web development or server management.
- A social coder – a background in web development or systems administration, looking to be involved in the wider business, and spend time internal and external client facing.
Day to day this role might include:
- Configuring platforms using their web interfaces
- Gathering feature requests and gathering/testing bug reports from the team
- Helping the team with IT requests – purchasing, calendaring, creating documents
- Testing platforms / features under development or before sharing with a client
- Monitoring the platforms and servers using web interfaces, and helping with maintenance
- Triaging requests on our helpdesk
- Deploying and archiving platforms using simple command line tools
- Helping consultants configure platforms and answering questions about them (How do I …?, Can the platform …?)
About the role
- Job title:
- Platform Manager
- Reports to:
- Technical Director
- Line management:
- Responsible for no direct reports unless otherwise agreed
- Location of work:
We are a remote team with staff currently across 5 timezones. You will have a home working budget available to ensure you have everything you need, as well as access to our global workspace account if you prefer to use a hot-desk/shared office space.
- Hours of work:
- 38 hours per week, flexible
Applications from people seeking part time work or flexible arrangements are welcomed. Please note however that this role demands some overnight and weekend working in order to fulfil projects in other countries
- Holiday entitlement:
- 33 days a year (unless otherwise required by local laws)
- Salary and benefits:
- A$55-70,000 per annum depending on location and experience, plus 12% employer’s pension contribution. Laptop and home working setup budget provided. Generous ‘UK aligned’ global benefits policy including maternity/paternity leave, and a profit share bonus scheme. More details can be found in our Playbook
You will have:
- Confidence in operating varied computer and web systems (training on specifics will be provided)
- An organised, can-do personality – this role will vary day-to-day as you respond to internal and external client needs
- Aptitude for, and interest in, digital technology and services
- Flexibility – as we deliver work across the world you will sometimes be required to work ‘unsociable’ hours or be on-call
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Friendly and approachable personality: you enjoy talking to people and helping them out – online and in person, and you’re able to get on with a wide range of different styles and personalities
- Our platforms run on a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) stack. Experience with or an interest in these, WordPress, or systems administration is beneficial. There will be scope to be involved in systems management and development for the right candidate.
How to apply
Send resume & covering letter to [email protected]. We are not accepting approaches from recruiters for this role.
About the company
At Helpful Digital we help some of the world’s biggest brands, to confidently communicate with online audiences.
A practically-minded, consultancy-based firm supported by world-class digital products, we offer:
- digital communication strategy – helping you shape a practical plan for your channels and team that really engages your audience
- digital corporate communication skills – training, coaching and self-paced learning to equip your team with the skills they need to be effective corporate communicators in a digital world
- digital crisis preparedness – making sure you have a crisis plan that’s adapted to the modern media environment, and your team has the confidence and practical skills to deliver under pressure
Founded in 2010, we’re a relaxed and friendly team employing staff in UK, USA, Kenya and Australia, with clients and agency partners all over the world.