Senior Consultant, US
Location of work: Work from home, or use our fully-funded global hot-desking subscription.
Hours of work:
- Full time, 40 hours per week or
- we also welcome applications from people seeking part time, compressed or term-time working.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days a year in addition to local public holidays.
Contract term: Permanent. Following successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
Salary and benefits:
- $65,000 +, dependent on experience
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Bonus linked to company performance
- Call and data contract
- Find out more about our benefits and culture: playbook.helpfuldigital.com
Purpose: Help us deliver our mission to build confidence in a digital world. You will manage day-to-day support for key accounts with clients who range from global brands to public sector institutions and charities.
You will lead on the design and delivery of specific projects and help us grow our business at a very exciting time.
It’s an exciting time to join Social Simulator and our parent company Helpful Digital.
We’re expanding our team and have ambitious plans to scale our digital capability work. We’re proud to help some of the world’s biggest brands, charities and governments to confidently communicate with online audiences.
We do this through some amazing platforms, such as Social Simulator. The quality of our work means we enjoy a high volume of repeat business and a great deal of trust with our clients.
Our team of trainers, consultants, developers and managers all have one thing one in common: they’re passionate about helping businesses to communicate better online through confident, skilled in-house teams.
All our projects offer huge variety and scope for creativity. Everything we do is grounded in good practice and using digital to build trust and accountability.
We’re a supportive team and a fun place to work.
Perhaps you’re looking for your second or third role since leaving education. Or maybe you’re returning to work and looking for a part time position.
We don’t have any fixed ideas about where you should be in your career and a university degree is not essential.
However, you must have experience working in communications or media.
- Have experience within a communications team. This could be agency side, or in-house.
- Wherever you’ve worked before, you will have practical experience of handling an incident involving a communications response. It could be a reputation or operational incident, or preparing for a response, such as scenario and continuity planning.
- Be an active, regular user of at least 2 social media channels, for personal or professional purposes.
- Have an interest in how to use digital channels to communicate with audiences in other parts of the world. Think: blogs, social, video, to reach people with limited access to the internet, or those who don’t speak English as their first language
- Have experience working with a range of grades from junior to executive leadership
- Demonstrate some business development experience, such as growing client accounts, preparing and delivering client pitches, proposals and planning marketing activities
- Have practical examples of managing competing priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach. You’re able to manage your time and resources, get to grips with new systems and tools quickly
Working alongside the rest of the team you will:
- Scope, lead and deliver projects such as:
- social media reviews
- on and offline workshops to build skills with digital channels
- crisis simulations using our Social Simulator platform
- coaching individuals to write better blogs or improve their professional digital channels
- drafting social media strategies and guidance
- Present scenarios, workshops and recommendations to client audiences ranging from customer care teams to C-suite executives
- Support marketing and business development, from current and new clients
- Contribute to the effective running of a dynamic, fast-growing business from marketing to finance, recruitment to training
- Work under pressure and manage multiple accounts and projects simultaneously
How to apply
If this job excites you and feels like your next challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us the following:
- A resume detailing your relevant experience
- A one-page cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements for this specific role
Please send your application to [email protected].
The recruitment process begins with an initial sift of applications, followed by two rounds of interviews. In the second interview we will ask you to prepare and deliver a short presentation.
We work in many parts of the world and know that having a range of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds allows us to deliver better solutions for our clients. We welcome applications from everyone, irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
For the successful applicant, we will take requests for flexible working arrangements into consideration where the scope of the role allows. Those who are looking for flexible working arrangements, whether that be location or part-time hours, are encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies, please.